Scientist – Biologist in Metabolic Disorders
Preclinical Development Department CELON PHARMA S.A.
In connection with the realization of the research projects under Smart Growth Operational Program 2014-2020, axis 1.1, 1.2 i 4.1, we hereby announce the recruitment for: SCIENTIST - Biologist in the Metabolic Disorders Research Group in Preclinical Development Department - Celon Pharma S.A.
- Execution of in vitro experiments and designing in vivo experiments,
- planning, interpretation and analyzing results of experiments aiming at development of novel candidates (low molecular compounds and proteins) for drugs for metabolic disorders: mainly diabetes, NAFLD, neuropathies,
- implementation of new techniques into projects,
- supporting the project management.
- PhD or MSc degree in the Biology, Biotechnology, Pharmacy field or in a relevant Life Science with well documented scientific achievements ; PhD degree is welcome.
- Proven, at least 4-year experience in independent research work (e.g. doctoral study or work as scientist/specialist at academia or pharma company),
- In-depth knowledge of metabolism, endocrinology, biochemical processes on the molecular level,
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qPCR, immunoblot, ELISA, immunoprecipitation, cell fractionation, light microscopy, and the like,
- Experience with cell line genetic modifications – overexpression and silencing of genes: transfections, eukaryotic expression vectors, siRNA or CRISPR,
- Proficiency in cell line culturing i.e. adipocytes, pancreatic β-cells, hepatocytes, primary cells,
- Basic experience with microarrays or RNAsec and analyses of the transcriptome,
- Effective planning of and executing the functional and survival experiments in cells,
- Proficiency in big data handling and analyzing,
- Excellent knowledge of practical statistics for in vivo and in vitro experiments as well as proficiency in dedicated stat. programs,
- Effective documentation of the work: writing scientific publications, reports, manuals,
- Professional proficiency in English,
- Knowledge of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics is welcome,
- Experience with R or Python is advantageous,
- Knowledge of drug development and drug discovery is welcome.
- Proven ability to design, execute and interpret critical experiments independently.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse multidisciplinary teams,
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn new techniques in molecular biology,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Enthusiasm and scientific curiosity in the field of metabolism and pain management,
- Willingness to undertake new challenges and thinking out-of-the-box.
- Participation in the R&D projects focused on novel drug candidates,
- Opportunity to participate in all preclinical stages of drug development process,
- Work in the cutting-edge research center,
- Work in a dynamic, young and interdisciplinary project team,
- Collaboration with the excellent institutes in Poland and worldwide,
- Opportunity for career development,
- Full-time employment and job benefits.
Candidates are asked to send their applications (CV and a motivation letter in English) to: [email protected] within 30 days from the date of the announcement. We kindly ask to add in the subject of an email: Scientist1. We emphasize we will contact selected candidates only.
We kindly ask to enclose the agreement:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”