Celon Pharma S.A. is an innovative integrated biopharmaceutical company that designs, develops, manufactures and distributes pharmaceutical products. The company has established cutting-edge research and development facilities which develop its own pharmaceutical technologies as well as the experience and expertise of its staff.
In relation to the research programmes conducted under the Smart Growth Operational Program 2014-2020, axis 1.1, 1.2 and 4.1 and INNONEUROPHARM, Celon Pharma is seeking a senior level scientist/investigator for the position of Group Leader/Principal Investigator to join our developing Biotechnology Division and establish a research group. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with at least 10 years of experience in conducting own research and leading groups of scientists, a broad international network and proven scientific accomplishments in the field of antibody, scaffolds – development, mRNA biology – development, delivery, modifications, biologics development; as evidenced by publications in top-tier scientific journals and presentations at leading conferences. The ideal candidate should combine scientific excellence, leadership skills as well as ambitious high-level fundamental research with applied research.
- Management of discovery and development processes of novel drug candidates – mRNA, biologics – in cooperation with various multidisciplinary teams and a close connection to project background and scientific rationale.
- Successful establishing and managing of one’s own research group.
- Setting up and managing the interactions with external academic and industrial partners.
- Planning and seeking the resources necessary to carry out the project and making arrangements with the management in that regard.
- Coordinating and overseeing research and development projects under his/her responsibility, whether entirely within the company or in collaboration with external companies/institutions.
- Designing and performing experiments for the assessment of drug developability.
- Presenting results and programme progress to line managers.
- Analysing, interpreting, summarising, and reporting experimental data.
- MD, PharmD or PhD in a scientifically relevant discipline with 10-15 years industry or academic experience, ideally focused on proteins, mRNA structure and function.
- Demonstrated high-level scientific achievements.
- Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Interdisciplinary training, international experience.
- Excellent English and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, influencing, communication and project management skills.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Experience with and desire to motivate and develop others
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements (discovery and preclinical development) of biologics and mRNA.
- Experience in preclinical development of mRNA, biologics and biosimilars.
- Experience in reviewing, developing as well as production (up and downstream) and characterization processes.
- Strong expertise in designing, executing, and troubleshooting of protein mRNA as well as related methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience and track record in the protein, mRNA development area.
- In-depth knowledge of drug discovery processes for biologics, mRNA and biosimilars with solid expertise in protein biochemistry and pharmaceutical biotechnology.
- Industry experience is a prerequisite.
- Proven ability to design, execute and interpret experiments.
- Proven ability to work in the demanding pharmaceutical environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What we offer:
- Participation in R&D projects focused on novel drug candidates.
- Opportunity to participate in all preclinical stages of the drug development process.
- Work in a dynamic, young and interdisciplinary project team.
- Collaboration with excellent institutes in Poland and worldwide.
- Career development opportunities.
- Full-time employment and employee benefits.
Candidates are asked to send their applications (CV and a motivation letter in English) to: [email protected] within 30 days from the date of the announcement. We kindly ask to indicate “Group Leader/Principal Investigator” in the e-mail subject. Please keep in mind that we contact selected candidates only.
We kindly ask to include the following enclose the agreement:
“I hereby give consent to the processing of my personal data included in my application for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 30 August 2019 , consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922, as amended.”